Thursday, November 14, 2013

mix 'em & match 'em: damask

This guide is a combination of three of my favorite prints, featuring my all time favorite: the Damask print.  Now I will be the first to say that Damask has been a little over done for the past couple years(I mean it's no peace sign but you catch my drift) however, in my opinion it is one of the most visually interesting print.  I mean come on, it's so chic(but, I digress).  

These prints were created in Adobe Illustrator by me, Sarah Katherine Ormsby.

1.  For someone who designs prints, I wear A LOT OF solid colors.  In my opinion color blocking is an interesting print, but you can achieve a similar aesthetic if you color block some of the things you are wearing. For example: a skirt, tights, visible fashion socks and boots.  Color blocking ads visual interest without tying too hard.

2.  Let's take a moment to appreciate the Houndstooth... okay... and we are back.  Houndstooth is a weave but is rendered in garments by printing all the time to save costs.  I'm not sure the genesis of this pairing but their are another pairing that just works.  

A little trivia, the Houndstooth starts as a Gingham check but during the weaving process it is put into a "twill," creating our beloved Houndstooth.  Here is the link to check out my Print Guide on Gingham. Go ahead.. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment